Thursday, August 14, 2008

A Billy Madison Moment

I have indeed decided to go back to school to get a legit edge-you-my-cashun.

For a few months now I have wanted to do something other than photography as a full time career. Things seemed to happen all at once that changed my outlook on it all.

Yet, I still really had no direction. Time went on and I looked at various paths.

Finally I decided on going back to school, get a degree and that would open the opportunity of a relocation some time in the future....if need be.

What am I gonna major in you ask? Well Ill tell ya.

I want to become a RN, yup thats right....Im gonna be like Greg Focker from Meet The Parents.

I teased with my sister about that. I said I was gonna be a 'Focker'!!!! HAHA.

At first I was lookin into physical therapy, but after talking with a few people, they said that even though it would be a good job, its not neccessarily the most highly recruited job, unlike a RN. Rn's seem to be in high demand lately. Especially in Texas.

I think it was my cousin that told me the average age of RN's in Texas are in their 50's.

WOW....kinda old I rekon.

Anyhow this past Monday I went up to OSU-OKC and enrolled, but not before I took the COMPASS test. I knew going in I was a sinch to bomb the math section.

I never was that great at math in H.S.

I did great on the writing section and got a 78 on the reading. After meeting with the counselor he informed me that if I were able to score at least an 80 on the reading I could bypass English Comp I.

He told me I could retake the test and raise my score.

So today I went back up there, got my student ID and then retook the test. I scored a 93! I kinda impressed myself on that one.

So next semester I can get out of English Comp I...hopefully. If not Ill flash that paper saying...I SCORED 93 FOO!!

K that's it....DONE.

No comments: