Thursday, June 19, 2008

Family


This had to be back when I first got my camera, Xt at the time.


I was walking around downtown, shooting various things, buildings, waterworks, people.


As I was walking under the railroad tracks this family came walking towards me.

They seemed so happy, something not seen everyday. They were hand in hand with their child being the middle piece. There was an obvious pop in their step....a giddy-up as you country folk like to call it.


For some reason I stopped them and asked if I could snap a shot of them, and not surprisingly, they said "Sure!" with unexpected joy.


They never mentioned wanting a print, or asking am I going to use the photos for any profit.

They simply replied to my answer and off they were.


So I thanked them, let them pass by, hunkered down (country folk word) and snapped this shot.


Now this had to be back in Nov of 06, but recently I added some of my flavor to it.

No comments: