Friday, June 27, 2008

The Lil One

This shot was taken 2 years ago at my uncles land in Mustang,OK.

I was leaning on one of the rails watching him and his buddies rope, and my niece, who at the time had just turned 3, clumbed up the the rail and placed her arms like mine.

I remember seeing out the corner of my eye, her looking me up and down, mimicing the way I was leaning my arms over the top.

My sister was the one who caught the moment.

Olivia, now 5, was still in diapers, and I can remember nearly every aspect of that day.

The temperature, a warm but breezy day, the smell of the dirt, the grass, the horses, the cattle.

I can remember looking off into the distance and seeing Oklahoma City, but barely.

I can remember the sounds of the horses galloping, the cattle rustling in the pins, the sounds of the rope beeing loosened.

This is one of those days that nothing major happened, it was just a prefect day that had a lot of good moments come together.


I threw in a processing technique to give it a homedown, nostalgic feel to it.

No comments: