Sunday, June 22, 2008

I made someone spend a grand!

Yeah, thats right....a grand.lol.

Missy asked me to helpe her pick out a camera, and as always I obliged.

I first pointed her in the direction of a Canon S5 IS, a very good camera, very versatile.

She then wanted to know which one I got, so I walked with her over to the DSLR section at Best Buy and showed her. Well actually, they dont carry Xt's anymore, all they had were the Xti and NEW XSi. Both good camera but we both agreed the XSi was a lil too much for her right now.

So we debated for about a good solid hour-n-a-half over what package to get. LOL.

The salesman was a lil "eccentric" as I like to call it, but generally a good guy and helped out a lot. Not really, but he was a goof so it made it a fun.

He even confused me as her son, in which he was corrected and told I was her husband(WHOA!!!), MAN the look on his face was worthy of a photo. He fumbled and bumbled(is that even a word?) over his words until finally we left,lol. We had a good laugh about that back to the car.

So alas, I was able to talk a compulsive buyer into a grands worth of camera gear,HAHA.jk.

I coulda tacked on another couple hundred but thought NAH....why?

She'll do fine with this camera, good setup. Lets just hope she doesnt get into it as much as others, or she'll be buying $1000 lenses and such. YIKES!!!

Not good, then Ill have competition.

1 comment:

Amanda N said...

Great job... Its addictive!